Born in Shizuoka
- Tokyo University of the Arts, Oil Painting, B.F.A.
- Tokyo University of the Arts, Oil painting, M.F.A.
- Currently studying at Tokyo University of the Arts, Oil painting (Ph.D. diploma)
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- "Scattered Time", GINZA SIX TSUTAYA BOOKS, Tokyo
- "A Village of Stories", GALLERY KUROgO, Kagawa Shodoshima, Japan
- "Masahiro MASUDA 2014 - 2017", MARUEIDO JAPAN GALLERY, Tokyo
- "Moment’ s", GALLERY MOMO, Tokyo
- "Interval of Time", un petit GARAGE, Tokyo
- "Hazama", TURNER GALLRY, Tokyo
Selected Group Exhibitions
- "Find Your ART for Christmas", MARUEIDO JAPAN GALLERY, Tokyo
- "DIFFUSION", MARUEIDO JAPAN GALLERY, Tokyo
- "DERIVATION from the TRUNK", SEZON ART GALLERY, Tokyo
- "Boxhill TORIDE ART WEEK", Boxhill, Tornde, Ibaraki
- CAF ART AWARD Selected Group Exhibition", HOTEL ANTEROOM KYOTO, Kyoto
- Ueno Geiyu Prize, Tokyo University of the Arts
- TERADA ART AWARD
- "CAF ART AWARD
- Contemporary Art Foundation (Yusaku Maezawa Collection)
Masuda finds inspiration from films. He considers time in our lives as ephemeral layers of moments, likening it to ‘sequential images in film.’ He takes a picture of an open space and creates layers of the image using a projector, thereby superimposing the moments, repeating the process over and over again. Then, by applying silk-screen printing, the image is layered on a canvas. As a result, the image one sees at the moment is, at the next second, preserved as a layer of the past moments. In this show, Masuda will introduce his new works shot in the guest room and chapel at the ANA InterContinental Tokyo.